Who likes asian food?

I make asian food pretty often. Great production, but i wasn't impressed with a few recipes i tried.

In some places in the USA, there is great Chinese food. It is even reasonably priced. It is not the sickly sweet corn syrup stuff. Amazing sauces, simple ingredients, blasted expertly in a wok.

Years ago I had to travel regularly to mountain view CA on business, and it was like that. And it wasn't pretentious. Garlic shrimp or pork, or whatever dish. I'd eat it with my fingers, if I had to (fortunately the hotel front desk had plastic utensils).

The Chinese where I am is fairly awful, and that's frustrating.

In some places in the USA, there is great Chinese food. It is even reasonably priced. It is not the sickly sweet corn syrup stuff. Amazing sauces, simple ingredients, blasted expertly in a wok.

Years ago I had to travel regularly to mountain view CA on business, and it was like that. And it wasn't pretentious. Garlic shrimp or pork, or whatever dish. I'd eat it with my fingers, if I had to (fortunately the hotel front desk had plastic utensils).

The Chinese where I am is fairly awful, and that's frustrating.

I hear ya there. I grew up in north Jersey, surrounded by the best of everything food wise. Moved to Delaware 18 years ago. Can't get a good anything here, including Chinese food. I look forward to my trips back home, and have a list of must haves while I'm there!

As weird as it sounds the bel air grocery store near me serves fresh asian food. I get it every once in a while, when I get the Chinese food urge. It really is pretty good. I usually get a peking ribs rice bowl and a quart of chicken chow mein LOL.

I purchased a wok last year and have been doing some asian dishes like fried rice, chow mein and stir fry's. I used this guys recipes for those dishes. Always turns out fantastic. I just wish my apt gas burner was higher btu's. I really like the healthy ingredients in asian food too.

BGE and Woks...

As weird as it sounds the bel air grocery store near me serves fresh asian food. I get it every once in a while, when I get the Chinese food urge. It really is pretty good. I usually get a peking ribs rice bowl and a quart of chicken chow mein LOL.

I purchased a wok last year and have been doing some asian dishes like fried rice, chow mein and stir fry's. I used this guys recipes for those dishes. Always turns out fantastic. I just wish my apt gas burner was higher btu's. I really like the healthy ingredients in asian food too.

I got a fire ring set up with my Big Green Egg XL....and a big carbon steel wok.

That works GREAT for hitting those extremely high wok temperatures...

Reminds me...need to get a new set of welding gloves....

:)

cayenne

I got a fire ring set up with my Big Green Egg XL....and a big carbon steel wok.

That works GREAT for hitting those extremely high wok temperatures...

Reminds me...need to get a new set of welding gloves....

:)

cayenne

My gravity feed gets up to 700 maybe I should try woking on it lol

Thank you for sharing. Mrs Snadamo has been on a homemade Chinese food kick lately. Will be sure to pass it along!

I like Asian food; at least some but not all. Fortunately there are a couple of good Chinese places, a Thai place, and a Vietnamese/Asian place nearby.
Lost a really good Thai place when the owner died and a good Chinese place due to health concerns too.
I miss Martin Yan and his Yan Can Cook show on TV.

I can even understand the old codger a bit. Seems to be pretty good, but a bit slow with the chopper. He's probs a lot older than he looks.

I didn't like the sponsored ads. That gives me the sheets although I do like Esther Chow a lot.

Yes, I like Asian food but do not cook it much any more. When I do, it's more of the stew style Cantonese rather than stir fry etc.

Korean is my go to. I love Xi'an / Szechuan style Chinese the most because it is as hot as hell.

Back