Which Pellet Grills do you own or plan to own?

Which pellet grills do you own are or planning to buy in the next 12 months?

• Pitts and Spitts

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Outlaw

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Smoke Daddy

• Rec Teq

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Yoder

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • MAK

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • Memphis

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • CampChef

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Green Mountain

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Blaz'n Grill Works

• Smokin' Brothers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cookshack/Fast Eddy’s

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Traeger

• Louisiana Grills

• Weber

• Z Grills

• Grilla Grills

• Pit Boss

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Char Griller

• Oklahoma Joe

• Other feel free to specify

• Total voters
MAK 1 Star. Can it grill? I used the grill grates and set to 400, not grill. Left the flame zone smoking plates in place and set it on 400. Results are proof!!! MAK!

Last edited:
The Yoder also makes good use of the Grill Grates. :thumb:

I was close to pulling the trigger on a Yoder, but something about the MAK called my name. Darn fine machines for sure. Just recently got the grill grates. A game changer for pellet cookers for sure! I really want that YS 24x36 flat top of theirs!!!

The Rec Tec 680 has been on my back porch since 2013, and the Weber since December. The 680 has never let me down, but I only use it for cooks of 325 or less. I'm hoping that the Weber can handle both low & slow and grilling. If it doesn't, it will find a new home and I'll be looking at either a MAK or a Cookshack. Or, I'll just give up on using a pellet for grilling and let the charcoal and gasser options handle those cooks...

That’s when I got my Rectec as well. Back when it wasn’t the 680, it was a Rectec (they only had one model). I’m toying with buying a Mak though, it’s harder to get something a little smaller than what I have (it’s bigger if using multiple racks) so that leads me to want the 3 star which comes with its own challenges ($$$)

That’s when I got my Rectec as well. Back when it wasn’t the 680, it was a Rectec (they only had one model). I’m toying with buying a Mak though, it’s harder to get something a little smaller than what I have (it’s bigger if using multiple racks) so that leads me to want the 3 star which comes with its own challenges ($$$)

My 1 Star with optional second rack is plenty for 5 of us. Not sure if that helps sway you. Recteq seems pretty good too. Can’t imagine you’re disappointed with the Recteq, but you’re always welcome on team MAK!!!

This is the 1st one and expect it to be the last one.

d5mtWDL.jpg

Kinda in the minority here, but I love my PitBoss's. Old, Retired and Broke, can't afford the fancy rigs!:icon_smile_tongue:

I think the 820D looks like a good grill. I checked it out several times at Academy before I pulled the trigger. If I bought a Pit Boss it made the cut to my final 3.

My Rec Teq 590 just set & forget.Wish the smoke flavor was better.
DanB
PS Starting to miss my Shirley.

Back