Which Pellet Grills do you own or plan to own?

Which pellet grills do you own are or planning to buy in the next 12 months?

• Pitts and Spitts

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Outlaw

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Smoke Daddy

• Rec Teq

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Yoder

Votes: 12 14.0%
  • MAK

Votes: 23 26.7%
  • Memphis

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • CampChef

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Green Mountain

Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Blaz'n Grill Works

• Smokin' Brothers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cookshack/Fast Eddy’s

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Traeger

• Louisiana Grills

• Weber

• Z Grills

• Grilla Grills

• Pit Boss

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Char Griller

• Oklahoma Joe

• Other feel free to specify

• Total voters

Bob C Cue

Quintessential Chatty Farker
You saw it coming. With my research into pellet grills it was just a matter of time before I posted a poll on which pellet grills you folks own are or planning to buy within the next 6-12 months. So here goes.

As always thanks for participating!

I have a Austin LX for almost 3 years, it has done great so far. They now come with a 5 year warranty which started 6 months after I bought mine . I would buy it again as its been great for the price

I have a Traeger Pro 34
BUT..... plan on selling it and purchasing one of the following;

Yoder
MAK
Myron Mixon

:-D:-D:-D:-D

XoC6eTWh.jpg

Yoder 480 for a family of four. Love it so far. Made in 'Merica. Built like a tank.

If I was cooking for more than four people I'd get the Yoder 640.

Wziganj99r5tNytI8bkbBxj9gBcvEdgIT_4sTGb89_3BQzAoKUtvpv4n_13aDBno-fALzXXj6Kj1WkaxK0NSNbagD6rQnBdJ9Bulg_LVh9jNIi_nH3MwyTfMOFUxpj_GXT866l0XLYiv6vKa0e3kghUEO5_5CYBai6ZPVwJNcNLM24Cm6NgdpYPi1xSE9OaWaTUlV-zq87nWbwtMxo6saZswgzZ1aeIUAOmlkPyBkxoF_8uCA50UGNyqDonNa9WPV2qDVZMoZ61B3IBfE1NOHmZhIpjaBTAvLJhS_NFwcweJrV0T3TpxSXYemKvfQ3Q5L6b83tP3JhgyegmBIzHBcHhVyvWckKbAbxM-r9yYHOOoWPEchLoo0glwtuNYVgtNHsmFBVouuu02dpVnvuXL-iTwDud8tc4Pc2I33wsRGVNPlQX_uVXcHM_GgSqC6qLBYngn1G0RC52OmS681f_FxTf0FurfVv5l8kLTGD8Sip9fc0qFUl3q_zv02vVF-0OvYau3L8URwhzZsKTAnf15RQVoLn0HC_V_1LvYY_A_S9aRnmLfHMQTKgIt3A8es-ZVxqDTaKEEJnOjfTcTC5MEKdaMjDQDBRDThc0x6KLMZrwbTiG_YOPR97VmkrjxUrGi4s2wU9BiOs-VGbk6AhEN9EiYM-LJrUpksLEj5axogbhlic-xV0_Xi3syOS745g=w703-h937-no

If it was which pellet grills have you owned in the past, I could hit about 1/3rd of the list. Only planning on the MAK going forward though.

I've had my FEC-100 since 2009 and my Memphis Pro since 2011, and added an Asmoke portable pellet grill this year because I couldn't pass up the price. I have no plans to buy any more. To me, the FEC-100 is hands down the best pellet smoker available, and my Memphis Pro does a great job grilling and smoking. The Asmoke is portable for camping, paired with a small power pack when I won't have power available.

Yoder YS640s on comp cart. FireBoard integration is great. Smoke profile good at all temps. Easy to clean out. I don’t move it around much, but do wish it had some type of handle to make moving easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should add Assassin to the poll.

Assassin is currently not manufacturing their pellet grills. From what I understand, they had a disruption in their supply of controller's and are in the process of adding a new US made controller to their pellet grill. No time frame when they will be back up and producing these. They are nice really heavy duty grills, and putting a US made controller will probably make them better.

I'm tossing the idea of a new pellet grill, but I don't have a timeframe in mind so will not answer the poll. I need one like a whole in the head though.

If I were buying now, it would likely be one of he following. Smoking Brothers, Assassin (when they start making them again), Cookshack FE PG 500 or 1000 or Pitts and Spitts. The best fit for me would likely be the Cookshack, as I like the flexibility of indirect and direct without having to change anything, and I don't need added capacity.

I don't own one. I would like to add one to the arsenal someday but not sure what brand. I very much enjoy stick burning and I don't find charcoal cooking inconvenient at all. I will probably make some kind of impulse purchase on a pellet cooker eventually, I just don't feel the need to yet.

The Rec Tec 680 has been on my back porch since 2013, and the Weber since December. The 680 has never let me down, but I only use it for cooks of 325 or less. I'm hoping that the Weber can handle both low & slow and grilling. If it doesn't, it will find a new home and I'll be looking at either a MAK or a Cookshack. Or, I'll just give up on using a pellet for grilling and let the charcoal and gasser options handle those cooks...

Back