Where to get inexpensive wind guards for chaffing dish

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
Does anyone know where to get inexpensive wind guards like this that doesn’t have exorbitant shipping. I usually use aluminum foil, but this looks a lot quicker to use, and are reusable.
IMG-0996.jpg

You might try looking for a chaffing dish skirt, I had one that kept the wind out really good.

The spandex looks great, but they are $20 each plus shipping, and are unavailable.

The cardboard ones are 10 for $15 but the shipping is more that twice the cost of the product. I’ll be dammed if I’ll pay $30+ in shipping on $15 of cardboard from a mail order place that is only an hour drive from my house.

I just looked and I could easily get two wind guards out of one $1.98 The Home Depot 21 in. L x 15 in. W x 16 in. D Medium Moving Box with Handles. I’ll try making a couple this weekend.

Not too bad. I bought a medium moving box from Home Depot for around $2 and cut it in half mid height with a pocketknife to make two wind guards. I thought about cutting the box apart and redoing the folds to make it fit better, but this is good enough to block the wind. I also plan to print what’s in the chafer on a pice of legal paper and tape it to the front of the box. I plan to get a few more for the other chaffing dishes.

IMG-4270.jpg

I would disassemble and re-assemble with the non-printed surface on the outside.
Ed

I thought about that, but I plan to put a piece of legal paper on the front indicating what’s in it.

If I broke them down to turn them inside out I’d probably redo the fold to make it a couple inches narrower to fit better.

I do 3 or 4 big bbqs a year for lunchtime work functions at my job, so it doesn’t have to be dressed up like a wedding. The typical crowd is about 50 people, but I have cooked for 150.

Back