What high tech bbq gadget do you use?

Thermapen is about as high speed as i get anymore at home. For competitions we use the new wifi stoker, that thing is beast and does everything you would want it to.

Worlds only tactical BBQ light;

5wnjwc.jpg

Thermoworks stuff seems to be my only "High Tech" vice. My original Thermapen just quit after over 8 years of loyal service. (I pushed it past its limits with a cracked screen and bent probe, that thing was great) So I upgraded to the MK4, which I like a lot. Have a Dot for one side of the pit, and a Smoke, which I really like for the middle/other side during long cooks. All the ranges and functions work for me, pretty normal setup, pit on back patio, house is wood with vinyl siding and the mobile unit works fine in the house. I don't have a temperature control unit, but would be interested to hear what offset users like.

A ThermoWorks Dot with two probes that I plug in alternately when I want to see grate or food temps. One of the less expensive ThermoWorks digital thermometers.

When it come to Que the only high tech gadgets I use are my brain and my senses and it seems as each year passes they are slowing down.:icon_smile_tongue:

"I have a dual-column gas chromatograph, Hewlett-Packard model 5710a with flame analyzing detectors."

no - wait, that was "My Cousin Vinny"

Guess my most hi-tech gizmo is a Thermoworks DOT- and I'm good with that :-D

I have a cyberq and have been able to go over 30 feet from the house without a problem. The issue is whay your house is made of and where your router is. I had that issue in an older home with lots of brick and metal. I had to get a repeater to cover all the house and yard.

I really like the cyberq for the amount of probes and control it gives. It holds temps in my humphreys within one degree. Also, I can bump it up from my bed so speed the cook up without getting out of bed. Now with the new cloud version it should be even better and easier to set up.

Smoke, MP4 Thermapen, NB Black Diamond, Akorn(Chargrill), 2 Weber Premium Gold Kettles, Weber Premium Smokey Joe, A Smokey Joe and misc junk...Really want a WSM....

Can you please answer my question about the CyberQ Wifi range?

Sorry, I didn't see it.

I live in a two story house with a a basement. The router is in the basement and from my patio, the CyberQ can get to the router. From there I can pick up readings from the CyberQ on my phone, laptop or tablet, anywhere in my house and as far away from my router in my front and back yard as I can pick up signal from my router.

So my router is in my basement, which is subterranean. My cookers and the CyberQ are on my 1st floor patio which is a level up from the basement, and the CyberQ is able to find my router without fail.

The router is a grand total of about 50ft away from the CyberQ. But it's below grade at least 8-10 feet..

Long story short, if my phone and my tablet can pick up my router, then so can my CyberQ.

The iGrill however is another story as it is Blue Tooth.

Upstairs and into my bedroom, which would be one floor up from my patio, I can lose the Blue Tooth signal from the iGrill.

Sorry, I didn't see it.

I live in a two story house with a a basement. The router is in the basement and from my patio, the CyberQ can get to the router. From there I can pick up readings from the CyberQ on my phone, laptop or tablet, anywhere in my house and as far away from my router in my front and back yard as I can pick up signal from my router.

So my router is in my basement, which is subterranean. My cookers and the CyberQ are on my 1st floor patio which is a level up from the basement, and the CyberQ is able to find my router without fail.

The router is a grand total of about 50ft away from the CyberQ. But it's below grade at least 8-10 feet..

Long story short, if my phone and my tablet can pick up my router, then so can my CyberQ.

The iGrill however is another story as it is Blue Tooth.

Upstairs and into my bedroom, which would be one floor up from my patio, I can lose the Blue Tooth signal from the iGrill.

As another member pointed out, it depends on how thick your walls are. Mine are thick brick and plaster and there is at least two extra walls from my back yard door to the router. I am lucky if i can go 10ft away from my back door without losing Wifi signal. With the igrill i can position my bluetooth phone on my back porch and move my smoker and igrill base a good 30-40ft away and still have a bluetooth connection. Then i use the phone as a server for airdroid and i can pick that up with any wifi computer/phone connected to the router.

Certain beers require my leatherman's bottle opener. Everything else is meat and heat. This is what I think of when I see items in meat

Last edited:
Back