THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bowhnter

Quintessential Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Mike
I had seen Marty (MossyMO) cook some vortex ribs, sliced individually. Here https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=303904&highlight=Vortex+ribs

And Jeremy (4ever3) reheat sliced ribs on the grill.

I had to give it a try. I did not inject or use marinade though. Simply mustard slather and Touch of Cherry rub while the Weber heated up.

They went for an hour but I was trying to beat the rain, and as it was had seconds to spare.
They were right around 200* when I removed them and probe tender. But not quite as bite through tender as I would have liked.
I think I could have shut the vents and let ‘em sit for another 30 mins.

It was just an experiment that I will be doing again. Definitely liked the all around grilled ribs, and the time savings.
Has anyone done it, have any thoughts on a bit more tender for the next time?

After 30 minutes at the flip.

Pulled em off here.

Thanks fer lookin.

I went 90 min. and they could have been more tender

Did you put em in marinade at all? Run em full boar the entire 90?

Some things I may try:

Marinate for a few hours.
Shut it down and let em sit for another 30-45 mins.
Baste with a vinegar based mop.
Throw em all in a foil pan and cover for 20-30 minutes

No Mike no marinade, just rub and cook. I set all vents wide open but my fire wasn't that hot due to some crappy charcoal. I think the dome on the 26 said about 450 or so

I tried this last week. Used baby back ribs dusted with Cajun 2 Step, vortexed at 500 for a little over an hour. Then sauced with Sweet Baby Rays Wing Sauce. They came out pretty good. Will do again.

I tried this last week. Used baby back ribs dusted with Cajun 2 Step, vortexed at 500 for a little over an hour. Then sauced with Sweet Baby Rays Wing Sauce. They came out pretty good. Will do again.
How do you like the Cajun 2 Step? I bought both blends a few months ago and have been using it regularly. I really like it on vegetables. IT hasn't come through on meats the way I would like though.

How do you like the Cajun 2 Step? I bought both blends a few months ago and have been using it regularly. I really like it on vegetables. IT hasn't come through on meats the way I would like though.

We like it a lot, good flavor without extreme heat. Haven't tried their hot.

Back