Virginia/Mid Atlantic Brethren Bash

All,

Finally some movement. I spoke to Rockahock a few minutes ago and Oct 3rd would be a good date. He said there are some raised platforms with power and water that may be best to cook at and that puts us all cooking in the same area. They will try and put us close together with our accomodations but I suspect they will be different for each with some camping and some in RV's. I myself will be in a cabin or something similar. With enough folks we will get the use of the pavilion that is normally used by the judging for the KCBS comp. When you book your site let them know you are with the BBQ Brethren group.

For those not familiar with the site here is a link http://www.rockahock.com/

When you go to book online you will see this:

BBQ Brethren
Saturday, October 3, 2015
A group of 20 to 30 reservations. They want to camp on RV sites or Rentals and use the water and electric only sites for their cooking compound. We will charge them $10/night for the water and electric sites (if they are not camping on it) - We will charge them $30/night if they are camping on the electric and water site

Thanks and looking forward to it!

Last edited:
Well, I have booked. Looks like a neat place. I am reserved for the nights of Oct 2nd and 3rd. I would think we can all do some cooking on Saturday and share our meal Saturday afternoon/evening but enjoy the act of BBQ :boxing::drama::hail::laugh::pound::fish2: any time Saturday. As we get folks signing up we can put out a menu so we don't wind up with 20 briskets and no ribs and we can choose what we want to cook and share.

I'll be bringing my WSM 22 at least.

Can anyone else make it?

BBQ Brethren at Rockahock Campground
Saturday, October 3, 2015

Per the campground...$10/night for the water and electric sites (if they are not camping on it) - We will charge them $30/night if they are camping on the electric and water site

Put me and the wife down as tentative, probably try to reserve one of their cabins or yurts. I should know for sure in a couple weeks when the wife gets back from her girls road trip to Vancouver, BC.

Well, I have booked. Looks like a neat place. I am reserved for the nights of Oct 2nd and 3rd. I would think we can all do some cooking on Saturday and share our meal Saturday afternoon/evening but enjoy the act of BBQ :boxing::drama::hail::laugh::pound::fish2: any time Saturday. As we get folks signing up we can put out a menu so we don't wind up with 20 briskets and no ribs and we can choose what we want to cook and share.

I'll be bringing my WSM 22 at least.

For the North Texas Brethren Bash peeps developed a neat spreadsheet that was attached to the thread where folks could update their attendance, what cookers and what food items they were bringing. I'm sure a PM to him could get him to share it and how to attach to the thread.:thumb:

For the North Texas Brethren Bash peeps developed a neat spreadsheet that was attached to the thread where folks could update their attendance, what cookers and what food items they were bringing. I'm sure a PM to him could get him to share it and how to attach to the thread.:thumb:

Thanks. I'm sure Mike will get up with him so we can get this up for everyone.

I am up in the air for being able to make it. I might have a catering gig that weekend that would be too good to pass up unfortunately.

It's still early I am sure we will have more jump on, we need to just bump the thread every now and then. I am going to update the spreadsheet but the lovely and talented Mrs. Akoda has agreed to do the Jalapeno dip made famous for the SoCal bash and her famous baked beans with brisky.

Can anyone else make it in Oct?

Back