THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LYU370

Resident Idjit
Staff member

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Andy
Did you know there is a Throwdown going on? Did you know there are three Throwdowns going on? Doesn't happen often, but when it does, you need to take advantage of it. Asian, Cookbook, Dark Meat.

I had already decided on Lemongrass Chicken for the Asian throwdown. Followed this recipe more or less.

The ingredients: I think I got them all, actually I may have a few extra in there.

iGzN9smh.jpg

While the chicken thighs are marinating I made up some Nuoc Cham sauce, you can change it to your liking, more sweet, sour, hot, etc. I added a bunch of Thai chille peppers, made it SPICY!

FUzYI33h.jpg

Fired up the big Joe and added a chunk of Post Oak, just because I can. :p

g8kT4v6h.jpg

Almost done.

CvsFM1xh.jpg

Plated up. Never had Lemon Grass anything. Pretty good stuff, will need to make some more things with it, since I have a bunch of it. But you should try it. GOOD STUFF!

RUrJb6rh.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Excellent triple entry, Andy! I love the flavor and aroma of lemongrass - great stuff!

Thanks everyone. Should have done a better job of plating. Can't really see the chicken.

Next time. Maybe. :p

I had some lemongrass and chili glazed ribs at the Weber restaurant in Chicago last summer; I think they were the best ribs I've ever had. I keep saying I'm going to find a recipe but haven't done it. Will have to try this too.

Back