THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rdstoll

is one Smokin' Farker
My dad just delivered to me freshly caught salmon from Alaska that I need to start doing something with today. Would like to do a nice, smoked salmon.

I've always thought about ThridEye's recipe for Nova Lox or Smoked Salmon.

Are there others I should consider?

I always liked Alton brown's method for smoked salmon, but i prefer a more "Candy" like flavor, so i do 3 parts brown sugar 1 part kosher salt. ( 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup kosher salt ) but if you like a more Salty flavor just do equal parts 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup Kosher salt.
You can look up Alton browns method if you never seen his good eats episode.

It's a balmy 55° and overcast today, and I'm smoking steelhead. Here is a live shot from the SmokerCam. These filets were a little thicker, so I gave 24 hours or drying time in the fridge. The two narrow strips are the fatty belly meat.

Zrqbkn4.jpg

Google "Mr T smoked salmon"

It's awesome and the only way I smoke salmon anymore....

I have used Thirdeye's and Gores method for the dry brine. I then smoke in my Egg at 150 degrees for a few hours before I start to sl;owly raise the temp. Like to take my salmon off at 145*-150*

Back