Unintentional Combo Plate

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Didn't even realize the cut-off was this AM. Guess next time. :thumb:

We were getting snow in the mountains here this past weekend so I headed up to the cabin Thursday night to beat the traffic associated with people coming up to see snow. The sheriff and and highway patrol usually block non-residents from coming all the way up but it's a mess with the traffic created as they also sell tickets for people to get to designated areas for snow.

Woke up to this Friday AM

xtbI6QUh.jpg

Didn't really take up too much food with me and wasn't about the go to the general store as it's very limited with mostly essentials and boos. I do have food in the pantry and the freezer so it was fridge dive time :becky: Or so it ended up being

Had some drums so I ended up making hot drumsticks Friday night

4jTdw2jh.jpg

9rNENN9h.jpg

Served with blue cheese and jalapeno mashed taters. Working with whatever I had

89v25C0h.jpg

Pretty dang good and will be doing these again instead of the overpriced wings. Flavor wise it was on point. :nod:

SuGNeUwh.jpg

Saturday night I grilled more drumsticks again with salad and roasted red taters

zwfRMiuh.jpg

By Sunday night (decided to stay Sunday also) pretty much tired of chicken legs and with leftovers it was time for something different

Found frozen veggies and shrimp in the freezer

LwEvzefh.jpg

Trimmed off the meat from the leftover grilled drums the night before

7AUzoFbh.jpg

Stir fry time

klQ22ysh.jpg

Found this in the fridge also :clap2:

eulgjBzh.jpg

Coming together nicely

G7Nsfnvh.jpg

Last of my rice from the pantry but good enough for this dish

J9FxYYdh.jpg

Chicken and shrimp teriyaki bowl over a bed of rice with stir fry veggies :clap2:

VOPVqs7h.jpg

Freshly sliced green onions and some more teriyaki sauce plus a little sriracha

8rKcsXuh.jpg

Pretty darn good for a fridge/freezer dive

ymXC6Ebh.jpg

pPPTsVwh.jpg

Hopefully everyone had a great weekend. Thanks for looking!

You, sir, are the McGyver of cooking. Those dishes looked great and the best thing about it is that you used stuff that you had sitting around, so using it before you lose it is wise and thrifty. C'est magnifique!!

^^^^^^ Gonna ask the same thing !!!! Are they in a booth ? Need to do that for Memorial Day weekend to limit the crowds ... and associated litter that residents usually pick up .... It is a really nice place to visit.

I’ve seen enuff snow for this year,,,,,
But,,,, on the other hand keep on cooking and posting pics,,,,
Ur the king of culinary innovation,,,,,freezer diver extraordinaire!!!!!

Nicely done as always Sako!

Love the pictures of snow. Not as much of a fan of actual snow, but it looks really nice!

Bruce

Wait, hang on...

Really? :crazy:

^^^^^^ Gonna ask the same thing !!!! Are they in a booth ? Need to do that for Memorial Day weekend to limit the crowds ... and associated litter that residents usually pick up .... It is a really nice place to visit.

You need an "adventure pass" to be in designated areas. They're offered by the Forest service and the local markets, stations, etc. sell them. I didn't say "they" by meaning the cops are selling them but I meant the vendors. :-D

Looks delicious. So you need a pass to enter what, a parking lot? An entry road to a park? And what do the people do, snowmobile, ski, hike?? I don't get it.
Who gets the money?

I think you are redefining "ruffin' it". Good looking food, especially under such difficult circumstances.

Back