U.S companies that build smokers in America

http://www.bqgrills.com/default.htm The Charcoal/Wood Fired Pig Cooker is the one Sam Jones from Skylight Inn travels with. I would love to add that to my arsenal!

I used to live about 2 miles from them before I moved back to Hickory. Only thing I ever bought from them was a couple of ss stock pots.

Stopped by their shop, asking about an insulated vertical...a few days later I emailed them an idea of what I wanted and asked them to price it for me...Also let them know I was prepared to pay half up front and the rest upon completion...never got a reply. Wound up buying one I found on CL.

Long story short, I have since found several fabricators that offer more for less...and one fabricator on here whose quality is second to none.

Don't know whether this has been mentioned before, since th thread is so long: kbq.us

It's a unique entry in the field.

Guess we need to take the Pit Barrel Cooker off the list. Confirmation from their customer service team it's no longer manufactured here. :mad:

I'm rather late to this party, and I most certainly don't mean to start a fire, but exactly what would you consider US Companies that manufacture goods?

Ford Motor Company manufacture cars all over the world. Volkswagen has manufacturing in the USA. So does Honda and BMW. Do those nameplate count as being US made? Does stock in that company being listed and traded on an American Exchange count?

My kamados are manufactured overseas but the company is entirely owned by an American citizen and sells kamados all over the world. Would that count?

Apple Computers is generally thought of as a US company, but they are headquartered overseas. Same with Google. Does that disqualify them as being a US companies? Anyone here have an iPhone? That product is manufactured in China. Anyone here use Google? They have server farms all over the world.

My point is that in today's world, things are seldom so simplistic as they used to be just a couple of decades ago. There are an exceptional number of US nameplate companies that manufacture overseas. I for one am most certainly NOT interested in restricting my economic activity to such a narrow definition as seems to be used here.

Just a few thoughts. I'm not trying to upset anyone here.

I for one am most certainly NOT interested in restricting my economic activity to such a narrow definition as seems to be used here.

Some folks prefer to patronise "home", and the people in it by purchasing locally made products. We like to keep our money here and have pride owning and using American products. As far as the requirements to be mentioned in the thread, the title sums it up pretty accurately.

Don't know about the smokers but I bet there is alot of pit masters BORN IN THE USAsounds like a song I heard somewhere

Two of the original offset pit makers are Pitts & Spitts of Houston and Lyfe Tyme of Uvalde. Both have been making their pits for over 35 years now.

For "Made in America" are you requiring the steel to be manufactured in America? How about the ancillaries, wheels, paint, welding rods, etc?

We are a small manufacturer but please add Outsiders BBQ drum smokers to the list.

US sourced materials and parts except for the grate and casters if optioned. Drums, basket, handles, powdercoat paint, hinge, welder, wire, etc are all US parts. Assembled in Illinois.

Back