THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't know that their is a "typical" fee. In our area Festivals charge fees, % of sales or a combination of both depending on the venue. The lowest we have paid is a $50 fee for the space plus electrical hookups. The highest we have paid is $500 for the space + $50 for electrical + 2% of gross sales. We are in a predominantly rural area but that highest amount was from a venue in the Wichita KS area about 5 years ago.

We look at these costs on a basis of what percentage they are of what gross sales we project we will bring in at the venue. We try to keep that percentage around 5%. (i.e if we expect to gross $5K from an event we want the max event fees to be at $250 or less. But that is just a personal decision on our part based on our business plan/model)

Your placement in the field, the size of the event, the previous years attendance and the relative price of a spot will all determine your fee. That and the cost of the DOH permitting

We do one farmers market that charges $20 or 10%, which ever one is higher. Then a lot of the other events we do the charges range from 10% to 20% of gross sales. Some of the other markets are charging a flat fee of $35 + 15%, I dont do those as I feel its too much.

Average booth fee around here for an event we'd do is about $825 for a 2 day event. We really don't care for events of less than 35k people. Number of vendors varies widely. We do one event that charges 30% of the gross. Over time we have "cherry picked" the most profitable events that we do year after year. There's a waiting list for all the festivals we do. There are less expensive festivals. We used to do an event that charged $425 for both days.

Back