Trip to Texas coming up. Flying into dfw

Jhess

Found some matches.
The end of the month I'll be flying in to Fort Worth. Any advice on some good bbq places to visit?

What does your schedule look like? Different times of day and locations make fore some very different options.

Not a 100% sure of the itinerary yet. I'll be there the 29th thru Feb 4th. That's all I know right now. Will update when I know more details.

Angelo's Barbecue for pork ribs;
Cooper's Barbecue for beef ribs (kinda generic, but good);
Heim Barbecue for brisket and bacon burnt ends (if you can find them and find them open?!?)
If you venture outside Loop 820 - Billy's Oak Acres is worth the trip for everything;
Go to Railhead BBQ if you just want to be in a big crowd of beer drinking Texans.

Good luck.

I like the Railhead Smokehouse. Decent Q. There are a bunch of pits in town. The Woodshed is pretty good.

Don't miss Cattlemen's Steakhouse for a good, old fashioned restaurant serving great steak. And you can still get mountain oysters. :twisted:

Gotta have some Tex-Mex after all. Try the fajitas at Los Molcajetes.

And if you like specialty burgers, try Fred's. They have some good ones. I like the blue cheese.

All of them sound really good. Thanks for the suggestions. Can't wait to try some real southern Q.

Can't wait to try some real southern Q.

What you will be having is "Texas Q", NOT "real southern Q". There is a difference!!!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me some Texas Q (brisket and beef ribs), but I also LOVE me some "Southern Q" (pork and pork ribs!)!!!

As a noob to the world of bbq, I apologize for that. I was unaware of the difference. Thanks for the info.

Back