Trip Tip Cheese Steak

PnkPanther

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Adam
I'm sure I'll offend cheese steak purist and trip tip purist. I got frozen trip tip that didn't look highest quality, so thought cheese steak. Also, I'm on bachelor for the weekend, so could make unhealthy food and make kitchen a huge mess without complaint

On the weber I put out a cast iron pan and grapeseed oil and made some onion rings and fried peppers to top. Onions got buttermilk bath and dredged in flour, S&P, Cayenne, and more Carne Crosta. Peppers went unseasoned/battered, they got a little over cooked. After I dumped them in hot oil, realized I didn't have utensil to remove them.

1. Steak was surprisingly tender considering cheap choice that was frozen. In honestley, would've made a fine meal on it's own

2. Onion Rings-The Carne Crosta really came through on the rings, very nice addition to onion rings. I topped sandwich with them and ate on side, would do again. Nice to do outside on weber to not stink up house with oil. No idea what oil temp was, but ~450 at one point as it was smoking and thats' smoke point of grapeseed oil. Pulled a bit off heat

3. Cheese Sauce was good, and nice addition. But I wouldn't bother again, it wasn't needed, plus most will go to waste. I just wanted to try it out. For photo purposes I thought of going heavy, but actually went pretty light. It was mix cheddar, pepper jack, condensed milk, and corn starch

4. Would eat again, but clean up was long time. I'm a naturally messy cook, throw in flour, cheese, and well, it was a mess

Thanks for checking it out

I say this everytime I share, posting my pics here really makes me want to upgrade cell phone to take better pics. I know some of it is user, but few times I can use my wife's phone the pics are 10x better. But she's out of town and thinks I'm nuts for sharing pics of my cooks, so I don't ask her to use it :)

Last edited:
Looks great. My phone Apple I6 doesn’t take very good photos either compared to Sam sung. And some of my pictures get turned sideways when upload here

Back