THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqbrisket

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
I just started cutting up packers cut in about 3 to 5 sections roughly 3 to 4 lbs each in an effort to to smoke small briskets..
Up to temp smoker is at 6 am at 275 in the smoker. After about 4 to 5 hours, I transfer it to in home oven and continue at 250. After about 10 hours it's still not tender; close but not done even at 206.

10 hours seems like a long time for 3 lbs. Should I cook these at higher temp in both smoker and oven?

I’d check your thermometer. Also, I’d rather cook a big brisket and freeze in small packs than cut it up and cook a bunch of small ones.

The cut of meat takes a long time regardless of weight. I would not cut into small sections. You are better off cooking whole then cut into smaller sections and vacuum seal and freeze.

Back