The Weber Smokey Mountain Appreciation Thread

Hope you’re feeling better. Where can a guy find a hanging rack like that?

Hope you’re feeling better. Where can a guy find a hanging rack like that?

It's the hanging rack for a pit barrel cooker. I used to have one until someone decided they needed it more than I.

Thank you. They started about a year and a half ago and do leave alot to be desired.

91dd550d8634aee8fc91082f07e423b8.jpg

https://brickseek.com/home-depot-inventory-checker/?sku=100657680

That hanging rack is from gateway. I have one I use in my UDS and my 22 WSM. Works great!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Is it just me or is it hard to find a WSM 22 at stores? All of middle TN does not have any of the 22 models. Starting (been for a while actually) to out grow my akorn for space.

I sure hope you jumped on that deal. Wow that's cheap.

I did not. I built a UDS to replace a 22” WSM a year ago. It was highly tempting though! I’ve gotten this far with the wife with my smoker collection because there are no “duplicate” cookers. I got to have a code to live by!

I did not. I built a UDS to replace a 22” WSM a year ago. It was highly tempting though! I’ve gotten this far with the wife with my smoker collection because there are no “duplicate” cookers. I got to have a code to live by!

I grabbed the 18 WSM this afternoon for $99. I already bought the Barrel House Cooker for $45 and while I was loading up the WSM I started to wonder if I was buying a "duplicate". Is there anything the WSM can do that the barrel can't?

So, the next time my friends tell me I am ***** whipped, (I am), I will just say I have a code to live by. Cool. :pound:

Then again, I have seen the pics of your arsenal, I am humbled. And envious, your code is clearly more effective than mine.

I grabbed the 18 WSM this afternoon for $99. I already bought the Barrel House Cooker for $45 and while I was loading up the WSM I started to wonder if I was buying a "duplicate". Is there anything the WSM can do that the barrel can't?

You can separate them by one being a water cooker and the other being a UDS. Two separate cooking styles if you want to get down to the details.

You can separate them by one being a water cooker and the other being a UDS. Two separate cooking styles if you want to get down to the details.

Well then I think I will leave the WSM in the box for a little while. I'll do some research and try to figure out how much I "need" it.

I was in HD yesterday and they had 1 floor model 18.5" left. I nitified my neighbor, and he swooped in and grabbed it. It was missing the probe grommet and the top cooking grate, but still definitely a deal. Also of note, they are carrying a NexGrill 36" 4 burner flat top for $279. They did not have one on display, so couldn't kick the tires on it.

Just picked up a 22" used for $175 with a Cajun bandit steel door. I have a kid on the way and figure this will let me get more cooks in since I probably won't be sitting outside for 10 hours in a row much with my bandera :icon_smile_tongue:

Back