The Ultimate Smoked Bloody Mary on the Cobb Supreme

Old Dave

Full Fledged Farker
IMG_1506.jpg

This was a fun cook to put together and was done in two phases on the Cobb Supreme charcoal grill.

IMG_1508.jpg

Sure makes a nice presentation.

IMG_1509.jpg

A fellow needs a little snack or two to go with his drink.

IMG_1507.jpg

I always make some extra bacon for these drinks.

S2EDSC00062.jpg

How I infuse the Vodka that is used in my Smoked Bloody Mary drinks.

IMG_1484.jpg

On the bottom is a 9X13 dish the is used to catch the smoked water from the ice which will be frozen again for the drinks. On top is the pan of salt and I also mixed in some rub and this is used on the rim of the glass. The cheese I will be smoking is sharp cheddar.

IMG_1487.jpg

I used 3 all hardwood briquets and a chunk of hickory for this first phase of the smoke. I must keep the temperature inside the cooker under 90F degrees and a small fire is a must along with the ice which will also help with the temperature.

IMG_1489.jpg

The cheese, smoked ice, and the smoked salt and rub starting out early this morning.

IMG_1492.jpg

I started the cook very early in the morning when the ambient temperature is the lowest for the day.

IMG_1493.jpg

The first phase of the cook about done.

IMG_1497.jpg

As soon as my first phase was done, I poured my smoked water into ice cube trays for my drinks and put them into the freezer.

IMG_1494.jpg

I cut my large Roma tomatoes into 4 pieces each. I then sprinkled on my rub and some salt and pepper.

IMG_1496.jpg

Along with my tomatoes, I used some country style thick cut bacon. Ready to carry it outside and place it on my hot Cobb Supreme.

IMG_1500.jpg

I refired the cooker with about 14 all hardwood briquets and added some smoke wood and my second phase was on the way.

IMG_1501.jpg

My bacon is done but the tomatoes need a little more time.

IMG_1503.jpg

Tomatoes done on the Cobb Supreme.

IMG_1504.jpg

I removed the skin and the core out of the tomatoes and placed them into the blender. I then added the balance of my recipe to the blender which included tomato juice, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and lemon juice. Pulsed the blender a few time and then put the drinks together.

IMG_1505.jpg

I refroze my infused smoked water in a couple of ice trays a few hours before I made up my treat. I started by using some lemon juice on the rim of the glass and the dipping the rim in my salt and rub mixture.

Sure was a fine drink and a great appetizer.

Wow is the right word here.

Does the water really absorb some smoke flavor?

Wow! You really went all-out!

I've never had bloody marys quite that "homemade!"

Looks absolutely delicious.

Looks good! Whatcha infuse the vodka with?

I infuse about 1/1/2 gallons at a time with the following:

I start with lots of peppers including mild peppers like ancho, bell peppers, and banana peppers. Hot peppers like the hot banana pepper, jalapeño peppers, seranno, cayenne, and a couple of habanero peppers. Then I add some onions, baby carrots, celery, and few cloves of garlic.

If you like something different, just use it!

Back