THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoknit

Found some matches.
I have a COS that has been modified. So I put a thermometer in both ends of my CC lid, so I could make sure I had even temp. The probes on them are about 2 inches.The temp is about 25 to 50 degrees higher on the thermometers than the oven thermometer that is in the center of my CC on my grate? I thought they should read cooler. There cheap but I am not sure which one to trust? Any ideas ?

It ain't rocket science, don't worry about it. Just cook. Or you could get a remote probe and know that your brisket is 40* when you put it on for a 12 hour cook!

test the door therms in boiling water and ice water. I have had cheap ones be off 25 degrees from each other and the only way to know which one was right was to test them.

Back