"Tacos!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, August 28th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Tacos!"

00A96DF2-D137-42A9-ABA2-CDE340DFE852.jpeg

This was Tonybel's winning entry in the 2018 "Tacos" Throwdown

As chosen by Moose for winning the "Food Truck Cookin'" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

Moose said:
I see we have not done a Taco Throwdown since 2018, and we have more taco chefs here than ever before! So let's do tacos - Corn or flour tortillas, crispy or soft shell, chicken, steak, carnitas, fish, shrimp, ground beef, or whatever filling you choose, the possibilities are endless!

You may submit entries that are cooked from 8/11 through 8/28.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday, 8/28/23.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I've decided to avoid this one. I like more traditional style tacos and don't think that would fly here. Good luck to all, and look forward to the entries!!

I've decided to avoid this one. I like more traditional style tacos and don't think that would fly here. Good luck to all, and look forward to the entries!!

Same, I can't compete unless i make tortilla's from scratch because fresh is not an option in my region. I can make corn tortilla's, but can't get them to puff up no matter what i do. And Flour tortilla's.....forget about it, so much work.

I made this a few weeks ago, its was my best attempt on homemade. Its Hanger steak, homemade corn tortilla's, pico de gallo, and quesadilla cheese fried in a pan, with a homemade garlic and chive crema.

Please accept the first picture as my Entry

20230419-222155.jpg

20230419-221939.jpg

20230419-22195.jpg

20230419-22213.jpg

20230419-222212.jpg

Last edited:

All types of tacos are welcome - including old fashioned crispy tacos like these I submitted for last year's "Fast Food Throwdown":

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4584005&postcount=14

v6PJARv.jpg

While I'm still undecided on my entry for this one, some kind of crispy taco is a possibility from me, so the more, the merrier!

Hey... is Pressure Cooker Chili OK for this entry? Just made some. I can go get some taco's make some salsa, pico de gallo etc. Huh Huh!

Bill

Hey... is Pressure Cooker Chili OK for this entry? Just made some. I can go get some taco's make some salsa, pico de gallo etc. Huh Huh!

Bill

All depends, Bill. If the meat had been grilled or smoked at some point during the cooking process, that would count. If not, if the tacos were finished on a smoker, grill, or griddle, that would also count. Hope that helps!

Back