Surgery update of sorts and breaking out the BGE Fleet!

Glad to hear you're doing good! Do what the docs say and get well soon.

Glad you're back Capt. Here's to a Full and Speedy Recovery...
(raises glass to air mod)...

Fired up the medium egg and did a nice chicken injected with lemon juice and season with DP Shakin the tree rub. Gawd I have missed real food!
No camera mod because daughter has it in her locker at school.
Right now my surgeon is my boss and I don't want to get fired.
As far as the gym..... I have a great gym partner to whom I am married and she has a 5-6 day a week schedule that is an awesome way to spend time together with her hectic work schedule. She has been hitting the gym going on 3 years now and I am fortunate to have someone as motivating and beautiful as her for a gym partner as well as a wife. It is our dating scene so we can have time together while our daughter is busting out her homework after volleyball practice and yes she made varsity as a sophmore and we are chasing the state championship again this year!
banana.gif

Life is great and I am more in love with my wife than ever since we started this workout. Funny how alone time can do that for a couple.
My bike ride today was awesome and felt great.
I can't lie, this surgery had me scared to death with a real threat of not making it through the surgery as well as the recovery. I was afraid I was really going to die and have never had that feeling before with any other of my many (27 in all and I am still 46) surgeries, ever! This made my back surgeries look like a cake walk compared to this one. It put life into perspective and I plan on living a longer more enjoyable life and making my wife a much larger part of that. We lost one of our springers last month and our other one has been going down hill as well and there will be no more dogs for a few years because we want to travel to Brasil & Italy to see her relatives with no worries about kennelling a family member for 3-4 weeks, just can't do that!
My surgeon is giving me free reign right now but he set the boundries and I know not to cross them at any cost. He gave me a new life and the least I can do to repay him is survive and tell the story.

Capt., your perspective on life and marriage is an inspiration to all of us. Thanks for sharing such personal thoughts. Glad you are back in the middle of blue smoke and green eggs.

Welcome back, or is it welcome new member, as you are a changed man. Sounds like the life changing plan is a good one. My hunch is you are going to seem more and more of your friends and neighbors. You can cook and they can eat! T

Back