THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Been in a bit of a cooking rut lately, so I went freezer diving, determined to make a great dinner. I came up with a vac pack of Black Canyon angus filets and some Argentinian red shrimp. I snagged a couple extra lobster tails I’d bought for a special meal tomorrow and went to town.

It all started with some homemade garlic herb butter. 2 sticks of unsalted butter, 3 large garlic cloves smooshed through a press, some Italian herb mix, and Himalayan sea salt. The shrimp got a treatment of Big Papa Smokers Bacon Jalapeño seasoning. The shrimp mainly served as a decoy from the lobster tail for the children, but I did have a few myself obviously :becky: Jealous Devil lump, the only thing my Primo eats.

The lobster tail was getting some action from the garlic butter, so I halved them for max effect as opposed to popping the meat up on top of the shell as is often done.

Purdy grill marks on the filets, delicate enough a cut I don’t always bother trying to go full Maillard

Shellfish up next, lobstah was meat down direct for about 4 minutes

Lobster tails finish indirect with some tasty buttery goodness to bathe in

Time to eat

One of the best meals I’ve had in a long time, for less dinero than you’d have spent for a mediocre plate at Tejas Roadhouse :thumb:

Last edited:
Eating better than 99.9% of the world due to mad cooking skills.
Photography is matched with cooking skills
Excellent freezer dive

Back