THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Have been wanting to enter the noob throwdown and finally stumbled on something I wanted to cook. Found this cute frenched rack of pork at the grocery store on saturday.
IMG_0822rr.jpg

Hit it with a liberal coating of Naturiffic's Q-salt and into the fridge overnight for it to get happy.
IMG_0824rr.jpg
Fired up the kettle with Royal Oak briquettes in the Vortex. I don't think I've cooked anything without the Vortex since I got it. Love that thing. Indirect until I was getting close to the temp I wanted, then pulled and took the lid off for a few minutes to get the flames up some. Then on for the reverse sear.
IMG_0827rr.jpg
IMG_0828rr.jpg
Cooked perfectly to our liking and nice and juicy.
IMG_0832rr.jpg
The Missus made up a gravy, and we did some green beens and diced potatoes in foil pouches and threw them on while the rack was grilling. Also threw some pinapple slices on the fire while the meat was resting. My plate and her plate with cauliflower mash instead of potatoes.
IMG_0835r.jpg
IMG_0836rr.jpg

We were both very happy with the results! Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Back