THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

KevinJ

somebody shut me the fark up.
Normally I would have cooked these on the Kettle using the Vortex but my Step Son had a 5K this morning so he asked me to smoke a Butt for him for a dinner he had this evening since he was limited on time, he is perfectly capable using his kettle and SnS (I taught him well). :wink:

Put his Butt on the little drum that could (GDS 30) at 10:15.

I9EUBA4.jpg

2hrs later I like the color and it's time to wrap, total cook time was 5hrs vented it for 20min then rewrapped and put into a cooler for his dinner.

KOx12Bw.jpg

Onto the Poblanos, threw some leftover pulled pork from a cook last weekend into a skillet warmed it up and added onions, fresh grated garlic, cumin and salsa, sorry forgot to take a pic. :sad:

Peppers stuffed and into the drum, threw a fresh chunk of pecan into the fire basket for smoke.

zKNMuLF.jpg

With about 5min togo topped with grated sharp cheddar and pepper jack.

gjWs2H6.jpg

Plated with Chips, Black Beans and Lime Rice (yeah I like Cilantro). :grin:

uXeYdvB.jpg

tAv23ts.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Yes, please! Having that at the end would certainly speed up 5K times for most folks I know!

I see that you and I have the same idea when ABT's are mentioned.If you are gonna stuff a pepper,stuff a pepper! I really like the Anaheims.A VERY Tastee looking batch of vittles! :thumb:

Loving this! Stuffing things in peppers is a great thing to do. I don't do it nearly enough & this is a great reminder that there is a world outside of ABT's. Don't get me wrong - love ABT's, but as you stated, it's good to switch things up from time to time. Nicely done, sir - this looks fantastic!

I’d run a 5k for that :heh: Nice Kev :clap2:
Thanks K.

I see that you and I have the same idea when ABT's are mentioned.If you are gonna stuff a pepper,stuff a pepper! I really like the Anaheims.A VERY Tastee looking batch of vittles! :thumb:
Thanks Hoss I will give the Anaheims a try next time.

Loving this! Stuffing things in peppers is a great thing to do. I don't do it nearly enough & this is a great reminder that there is a world outside of ABT's. Don't get me wrong - love ABT's, but as you stated, it's good to switch things up from time to time. Nicely done, sir - this looks fantastic!
Thanks man, love ABT's too.

Wow. That looks fantastic
Thank you George.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great idea Kevin they look great. I just finished a chuckie, think I'm gonna stuff a pepper later
Thanks Tom, was planning on cooking a Chuck Roast today myself but the missus had other plans for dinner so I'll cook it on Tuesday, doing Kettle Fried Thighs tomorrow. :grin:

Back