THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
So yesterday I made pork shoulder steaks for dinner which you can see right here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245153

Plenty was left over since we wanted to taste test different rubs last night but stalled after having one steak each. No room for even a bite so this morning a breakfast burrito was in order.

First I started by making fresh salsa. There is a tiny joint in Burbank (pretty sure a lot of SoCal farkers know) called Corner Cottage where they serve real good breakfast burritos. Place is always slam packed, rightfully so, and I love the fresh salsa they make so I replicated theirs.

Tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, a squeeze of lemon or lime and salt

oeC2faSh.jpg

Into the blender

IvWXmc9h.jpg

Their salsa is pretty much minced and pairs so well with the burrito

7h0DHvoh.jpg

Next I sliced some home made bacon

WeEM1yHh.jpg

Onto the griddle while the steaks were warming up on the top rack

niBlC8nh.jpg

Bacon done and to be used for the crunch factor in the burrito

P4rQYllh.jpg

Then I lowered the temps on the left side to grill some onions and jalapenos

6VPbRe0h.jpg

0Utf8v0h.jpg

Looks good to me

4RYVdJGh.jpg

Sliced the steaks first (still moist)

uB0kWKFh.jpg

Then chopped 'em

D9XU8qjh.jpg

The tater and steak mixture on the griddle for a nice char

UaFbRAlh.jpg

Forgot to snap pic of the eggs but pretty much all the goodness before wrapping (Eggs, cheese, chopped pork, bacon, grilled onions and salsa)

3kjCBSkh.jpg

Back on the griddle to lock the seam and also toast the tortilla a little. This thing was massive :heh:

BUNF6zAh.jpg

Breakfast is served with cup of joe

kZGIvL5h.jpg

Only finished half but :thumb::thumb:

Now, still have plenty of chopped pork left....Hmmm pork fried rice???? :rolleyes:

WMGqSOJh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Awesome! Love the fresh salsa :thumb:

Definitely fried rice, I do that with leftover rib meat or pork belly. We leave the yolk runny :clap2:

Great cook and pictures as always Sako, now I'm hungery for a breakfast burrito, but I'm at work. Hope the lamb taco guy is set up next door this morning.

Back