Steak Juggling on Father's Day

jzadski

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Joe
Sooo, wife wasn't feeling the best today. No worries we are very good about picking up the slack for each other. Phriday I had made mention I was going to make smoked shelled pistachios (rec tec at 250 no smoke not filled) as a surprise for the MIL on Saturday for a little get together. I told her I had a special surprise for her, smoked pistachios and she was happy listening to me on the loveseat. The wife and I said oh no they are special, already shelled. Boy, she shot out of the seat lol. Great seeing her that happy. Anyway onto today. 2 porterhouses, 2 sirloin filet (opps thought was tenderloin from Aldi for the wife), and a coveted Waygu Ribeye from Wally World. Started late getting the baked potatoes going on the MB5650. The plan was to reverse sear the steaks. Oldest was dying so with taters on cranked to 450 to grill his PH on grill grates, success. Dropped temp, 275 to get taters done and RS steaks. Started with sirloin since thick. Later added porterhouse and ribeye. They hit desired temp and I pulled. Let grill hit 650 for a bit and seared on grill grates below. Ya know they all turned out perfectly cooked within a couple of minutes of each other. Finished with baked potatoes on smoker topped with smoked butter, smoked salt, sour cream, pepper and chives. Wife loved the potato too. Oh and I even cleaned up (she owes me haha) Sorry for the wooly dog. Thanks for looking and Happy Father's Day to all.
ps...How did yours turn out Mik?

Attachments

• stacihios on.jpg
    stacihios on.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 228
  • stach plate.jpg
    stach plate.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 227
  • way vac.jpg
    way vac.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 228
  • way open.jpg
    way open.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 228
  • steaks.jpg
    steaks.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 227
Nice job all around, Joe. Those were a lot of different steaks to have done within such a short time of each other. Nice job!

Back