Roll Call. Inside 30 days. SRF Challenge at Horsetown Brew N' Que - Norco, CA

This was a really tough contest! 3 180's in the brisket category alone! Congrats to all who walked. Thanks to Debbie Yopp for a great event and Annella I had a great time with you! You look marvelous!

Had a blast at Norco (at least, after 1:31pm on Saturday). I thought ribs were our best category - until award time... they were 72 out of 75 teams with a 151.9772 - those dang judges, can't stand 'em :-D

It was great seeing so many Brethren do well, just check out their representation in the Top 10 overall:

Benny Aduato - FunTime BBQ (3rd overall, 700 pin, 2nd ribs, 7th brisket)
Thom Emery - What Wood Jesus Que (4th overall, 2nd pork, ancillary people's choice vote as the coolest man in BBQ)
Steve Aguilar - Vicious Smoke/ViciousGame (5th overall, 10th chicken, 7th ribs, 8th pork)
Sterling Ball - Big Poppa Smokers (6th overall, 2nd chicken)
Sterling Smith - Loot n' Booty/Smitty250 (8th overall, 8th ribs)

Congrats to all who walked (nice seeing you up there Bigmista - great chicken call!)

Annella, you were so fantastic all weekend, I can't say it enough !!

Annella I'd like to see it offered at the Winter Haven Smoke on the Water FBA contest. Well established, huge turnout of teams (80+) and public (10,000 - 15,000), benefits the local Boy's and Girl's Clubs. :-D

BTW, love seeing the Swamp Out Cancer t-shirt above!!

Last edited:
It's 4:30 am Sat morning, just walked around and both Mo and Myron are here and ready to go - should be fun.

Thank you Annella for last night, it was amazing (well, that could be taken the wrong way). The meal was fantastic, and your Q&A with Myron was so much fun. You (and SRF) are so supportive of BBQ - truly first class

LOL I just saw this and yes, it was amazing! I'm finally back in the office for a little bit and able to catch up! So glad you guys had a great time and we can't wait to come out and do it again!

Good luck out there this summer!

Back