SPOGOS 'n Swiss burger on the Clonesaker

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Mushroom Swiss burgers are probably my favorite type of cheeseburger but I dont eat the that often. I was getting ready to mix up some ground pork and beef into sausage, and had about 8oz more than I needed of beef. I was about 4 hours into my maiden voyage on my [yet to be painted] Clonesaker, so naturally a smoked burger was in order.

The ground beef is a mix of brisket and tenderloin trimmings, it's been a good mix. I seasoned each side with a healthy coating of Oakridge BBQ SPOGOS and put it on the grate a notch or two from the bottom and cooked it at ~425*. Flipped it about halfway through, then put down one slice of aged Swiss, a big handful of portobello mushrooms, and then another slice of cheese to sandwich the mushrooms into place so they don't slide all over the place when I'm eating. I whipped up an easy roasted garlic aioli seasoned with more SPOGOS and applied it to both buns.

It hit the spot :thumb:

Looks great, love mushroom and swiss burgers, even after getting food poisoning from Hardee's when they first introduced them lol

Looks great, love mushroom and swiss burgers, even after getting food poisoning from Hardee's when they first introduced them lol

Yikes...I got food poisoning after eating some Taco Bell once...I could never order that same thing again and pretty much stopped going :becky: glad it didn’t ruin them altogether for you

That's what I'm talking about. Coincidentally I cooked on my old Hunsaker today for the boys. I had sold it to a friend over a year ago and it was so fun running it again today.

Back