THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

etxbbq

Name or Nickame
Shane
So this is the first build I have ever tried that is this big, and more importantly a build fitting two spheres together. Obviously I missed it by about an 1 1/2" on both sides. Anyone have any tips on how to fit these things together better? Overall it hasn't been that bad of a build, pretty simple actually. Don't think I will do a stack like this again....very time consuming!!

Attachments

Yes sir. Bought 2 500 gallon tanks and a 150 gallon for 200 bones. Held off on the second tank to see if half of the 150 will be big enough for a firebox. I have a 250 gallon tank that I can put on it if it ends up not being enough. We will see, it's 24" by 36" with a 8 1/4" smoke stack.

Last edited:
Thank you! All I have left is to make racks and burn it out. Hopefully it draws ok, I've never done a stack this way either. Winged the entire project. Luckily scrap iron prices and reasonable :becky:

Attachments

Looking good and thanks for sharing.Not sure on round fire box fit up,I like the idea, less welding . I used flat plate and built a box on a 500 gallon and burnt a lot more rods.Also used a lot of grinding wheels, i'am a better grinder than a welder. :lol:

Back