THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saw it last night, looks interesting. Those guys are pretty spot on with a lot if cooking techniques. I recently tried their 90 min dill pickle recipe and was impressed. We'll see how the rest of the bretheren see this.

It's not BBQ, but, it sure looks good. More of a pot roast with an oven finish, rather classical technique that has been used on smaller meats for a long time.

It's not BBQ, but, it sure looks good. More of a pot roast with an oven finish, rather classical technique that has been used on smaller meats for a long time.

Quote stolen from the Chef Step BBQ pages:

"they might just think we're a bunch of heretics. But our barbecue religion isn't about tradition; it's about taste. We suggest you try it yourself, ideally on a bun and heaped with some of our Creamy Coleslaw."

GAAAAH! Creamy colesslaw creamy coleslaw GAAAAAAAH!

I don't disagree with the techniques, or even the thinking. But, BBQ is BBQ, the words mean something. I am certain that the end product tastes great. Just, not BBQ.

I will note, I just made some fabulous chopped pork, and never left my kitchen. It was cooked sous vide, then pan seared and chopped, the pork was tender, moist, flavorful, if I wanted to, I could easily sell it as sandwiches, and think they would be amongst the best in the area. But, I would not call it BBQ.

Back