THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Yesterday I had to feed my neglected Sourdough Starter which has been in the fridge. I decided the discard would make its way into Sourdough Pancakes for today's breakfast.

I made the first part yesterday (the sponge) to sit in the fridge overnight. This morning I woke to torrential downpours which fortunately stopped so the Blackstone was put into use vs. trying to make a few pancakes at a time on the stovetop.

xEPFJfE.jpg

b2lKQah.jpg

It's nice getting these all on the griddle at once. No, my wife and I did not eat all these pancakes for breakfast. :grin:

A short stack -

LvXsUIH.jpg

h6N5tgB.jpg

For some reason these don't puff up like other pancake mixes, despite the inclusion of baking soda, but how thick they are doesn't matter. What matters is how they taste which is awesome. Just something about a sourdough pancake!

Thanks for checking out this morning's breakfast. And if you're on the fence about getting a Blackstone....

Regards,
-lunchman

Did you make the batter the day before cooking?

Yes, King Arrthur Flour recipe is used.

Starter Discard, Flour, Sugar and Buttermilk were mixed yesterday. I don't use buttermilk, but have a powdered version of it in the fridge that is mixed with water as a substitute. The mix sits on the counter for about 12 hours, then I placed it in the fridge overnight.

This morning I added an egg, salt, baking soda and vegetable oil (or melted butter can be used).

I halve the KAF recipe as the version on the website makes 24 pancakes.

Dom,

C'mon you had a diner right?? You're killing me brother! Awesome as usual!

Thanks for posting!
Greg

Dom,

C'mon you had a diner right?? You're killing me brother! Awesome as usual!

Thanks for posting!
Greg

Thanks Greg. Nope, no diner. But sometimes I feel like a short order cook at the Blackstone.

Honestly, I didn't really start taking cooking and grilling more seriously until I bought the Bubba Keg in 2010 and joined this forum. I owe it all to the Brethren. Some of my early attempts long before that were pathetic. The usual "me man, me know how to cook with fire" mentality.

Back