Something Shady?

Mike in Roseville

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
So I'm in the market for a new pop-up canopy cover (10'x10' up to 12'x12'). The Coleman ones from Costco didn't last very long.

Are there any other brands I should consider? E-Z Up?

Last year I spoke to guy who swore by E-Z Up Eclipses. They are about 3-4x the price of the regular E-Z Up's but he said he had tried them all and those were the only ones that actually lasted longer than a year or two.

Truth is, these wont get a lot of use. I just don't want to deal with shoddy frames or fabric that gets pinholes or tears easily. I just need it work.

Any feedback on any brand's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

My coleman 12X12 is old now but it's been better than any e z up I ever had. Don't remember if it came Ace Hardware or Academy but It survived 4 years of travel baseball before it got regulated to home use.

I can't offer personal experience opinion because I've never owned one.

One that really stood out on Amazon for great reviews was ABC Canopy company.

One guy posted a video of the structure holding up fine in the middle of a storm with golf ball sized hail!

Company link...it's the first one called "King Kong" $199.85 and free ship:

https://abccanopy.com/collections/canopy/10x10

Amazon link to read the reviews $209:https://www.amazon.com/ABCCANOPY-Commercial-Instant-Shelter-Wheeled/dp/B019XGM9K0/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=heavy%2Bduty%2Bcanopy&qid=1650359265&sr=8-10&th=1

Talk with a marine canvas maker, sails and biminis. I think that Sunbrella is a favored material in bimini production, but I am dated on the subject. Biminis are made to stand up in the harshest of environments, under nonrelentoing sun and salt water.

I had a 12x12 Quickshade. Kansas winds destroyed it easily'

Now I have a 12x12 slantleg EZ-up (Spirit, I think). Slant legs make it much more stable in the wind but the canopy itself is just 10x10.

I have a Eurmax that I have been using for a few years now. I got it from Costco, came with walls and a very sturdy frame with rolling bag.

I've been pleased with EZ-UP brand, but for me size played an important role when setting it up at home, or using it at events. A 10X10 was not a good fit on my deck or patio.

EZ-UP makes an 8X10 which was a better fit for me for how I wanted to use it. The downside was.... this model was more of a commercial design and has a steel frame and a heavier fabric. So the price was higher, and it's heavier than some of their other models. It came with a 7 year guarantee. The good part was I found an online coupon that saved me over $100 at THIS site.

Thanks Pat,

I have not heard of Mastertent, but I will check them out.

Out of curiosity I filled out the inquiry so I could gather pricing.
Spendy product, but very nice fer what it is.
If I was looking, I would look harder at them.
So by all means California...treat yerself!

-D

Back