SoCal Spring Bash?

Lots on our calendar this Spring and early Summer. Hopefully it works out as it is always great fun hanging out with everybody.

The food isn't too bad either. :hail:

My weekends are disappearing one by one (May 6 and 20 totally blow for me now) and it seems that getting something together soon that would work for a lot of us is probably unlikely.

Would it be more realisitc/practical to start thinking about one for around Sept/Oct? I'm thinking if we plant a flag in a weekend far enough in advance it might be easier to get a good sized group.

My weekends are disappearing one by one (May 6 and 20 totally blow for me now) and it seems that getting something together soon that would work for a lot of us is probably unlikely.

Would it be more realisitc/practical to start thinking about one for around Sept/Oct? I'm thinking if we plant a flag in a weekend far enough in advance it might be easier to get a good sized group.

There you Crazy West Coast Farkers go to temping me again! :thumb: :becky:

I assume you mean "tempt". If it was indeed "temp", I'm not sure which Thermoworks product would be best for that. :shocked:

Anyway - Mike, we would obviously love to have you here. And LuziAnn too!

I assume you mean "tempt". If it was indeed "temp", I'm not sure which Thermoworks product would be best for that. :shocked:

Anyway - Mike, we would obviously love to have you here. And LuziAnn too!

Aah spelin' police! :clap2:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr

I would concur on Sept/Oct. I know you asked if we could do it at Major's this year - I'll check with him and report back in the next week or so. If not, we can do it at my place, though we will have to be creative/economical in terms of how cooking/prep/eating space is utilized. Maybe we should look at the first weekend of October, Saturday the 7th?

^^^Sounds fantastic! And if it gets down to it, I don't mind doing it at my spot, just thinking that mixing up the scenery a little would be pool...oops I mean cool...:heh:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, I'm usually pretty flexible, but with three daughters.......they keep me busy with last minute events. I'll mark it on my calendar, hope to be able to attend.

OK, here's an update:

The Missus wants to do it at our place this year.

So how does Saturday, Oct 7th look?

10/7 looking good for me. Does the missus want to do it at y'all's spot in order to be near the tortilla making stuff? :hungry:

I'm thinking about rotis'ing some picanha and making chimichurri sauce. Given the obscene amounts of food at these things I'll just keep it to that...for now...

FullSizeRender_100.jpg

10/7 looking good for me. Does the missus want to do it at y'all's spot in order to be near the tortilla making stuff? :hungry:

I'm thinking about rotis'ing some picanha and making chimichurri sauce. Given the obscene amounts of food at these things I'll just keep it to that...for now...

Less is more! Even if there is less, it will still be enough food to feed an army...:roll:

Never had picanha, so sounds great to me. I have a roti kit for my OTG, so it's yours.

I'm keeping it simple as well - roadside chicken and maybe some appetizer pizza.

I should have a Santa Maria pit by then, also should have the homemade tandoori oven up and running - maybe Sako can do skewers. In addition to that, the following cookers will be available:

Vision Kamado
Kingsford Oval
Big Red UDS
I can also borrow my next door neighbor's Weber Performer if need be.

We should also look into renting a margarita machine....:eyebrows:

I should have a Santa Maria pit by then, also should have the homemade tandoori oven up and running - maybe Sako can do skewers. In addition to that, the following cookers will be available:

Vision Kamado
Kingsford Oval
Big Red UDS
I can also borrow my next door neighbor's Weber Performer if need be.

We should also look into renting a margarita machine....:eyebrows:
The date is clear at this point, so I'll try to keep it clear.

Easy enough to throw in a Jumbo Joe if needed.

As far as a margarita machine goes, I'd be up for that, but as far as I'm concerned, the one's I make with my Vitamix beat any machine out there, and I can always bring that. :mrgreen:

Back