SoCal Farkers - Annual Christmas/Holiday Charity Cook Sat. Dec. 8

^^^:laugh: You don't have to! But let me know if you do so I'll know to bring some extra paper towels & bandaids...:becky:

Making up a big batch of cashew-based "cheese" sauce tonight, boiling pasta tomorrow night, assembling and baking early Saturday morning. All they had at Fart & Smile were the 3"-deep pans. Think two will still be enough?

^^^2 should be fine - I usally don't make any, but last year one of the women at the place brought us some kinda ingredients and SmokinJohn cooked it, so that's how the vegan m&c got in the picture. If you have stuff left over and it isn't any hassle, may as well assemble another pan if you want, but really 2 should be quite good. Very cool of you to be doing this - much appreciated!

No problem, good cause, get to hang with good people, and I get to play mad scientist in the kitchen. Win/win/win.

Alrighty - I'll be seeing you farkers tomorrow. Got silverfinger and campdude coming to the house in the 6/7 range. Team B and team GVDub we'll be seeing you at the site. We plan on getting there by 10:30. That'd be the earliest you guys would wanna get there, a little after is fine.

Since George has the mac n cheese they'll probably be getting there more like 11 or a little. Team DUBBAGA will be either coming to casa de gtr or we'll be seeing them at the site.

silverfinger, GVDub & I live relatively near, but the rest of y'all are driving some long distances to help out, and I can't express to you how much I appreciate it. But I can try and express it with country ham (just got the yearly care package from the folks back home!), biscuits, Danish pastries, and Marty may have a little somethin'... We'll get coffee figure out too - it'll be a breakfast worthy of the penalty box. :hungry:

As for parking, we have 4 spots reserved in the lot for folks who are hauling stuff - me, my lovely wife, GVDub, and silverfinger. There's ample parking out on the street otherwise.

Y'all should have my cell - PM me or post here if you need me to get that to you...See y'all tomorrow!

Wish I lived closer. Man, this sounds like a ton of fun!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
20181208_120204_1.jpg

Quote of the morning "it is not inedible..."

MVMACGA (make vegan mac and cheese great again)

I'm especially pleased that my Darth Vader Crocs didn't get cropped out of the photo with Santa..

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Back