THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Hams were .88-97c#. Kingsford with wood chunks Apple Hickory and Mesquite were on sale $5 bag. Cure 81 spiral cut was more expensive however still -1$#. Grabbed a ham several bags of wood infused Kingsford and paid my bill. I’m not the world biggest fan of original blue bag, but I kind of like the wood infused K. Lit some and added hickory chunks and 2X smoked the C81 last evening.

Plenty of heat remaining for a couple Fattys.

Last edited:
Hams are already pre cooked to i believe 145F. I never tried double smoking one. Do you pull it at 145F? Anything higher would most likely dry it out.

That ham looks FANTASTIC.If I could get Cure 81's here for <$1/lb.,I would fill the freezer!!!!!.:shock:

Looks awesome! The ham i did on shirley was to salty what did I do wrong?
I pulled at 160 and rubbed with butchers BBQ

Considering most hams are in a 8% salt brine and cured and already cooked. A good guess is rubbing, and pulling at 160. Next time, try a rub with no salt, and pull at 150 tops.

That ham looks FANTASTIC.If I could get Cure 81's here for <$1/lb.,I would fill the freezer!!!!!.:shock:

It was 1$ off per pound of regular price. It was 1.97$# regular 2.97#

I do like a good double smoked Ham, now I need to do ham and luckily my wife loves Ham.

Wow, you even make ham look good!

You know how it feels when you’re singing a song you really like but don’t know some of the words? When you get to that part you’ll wing it- MSU or Humm along??

My cooking is the MSU part of the song.

16Adams that ham looks great...I’ve not had a lot of luck with spiral cut hams always get them too dry :noidea:

No issues with dryness. Probe temp by Thermapen 137-148. And that happened quickly. The Rubs first three ingredients are sea salt-sugar-brown Sugar. Really tasty.

Back