THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, I see how it is done.........You don't need a "snake around the whole perimeter, just part of it, maybe half.

You can go most of the way around.......just break the chain when you're done cooking.....going halfway around may invite having to add coals near the end if the cook goes long.....

Here's a way I've done sometimes that works good....short snake each side, running opposite directions, same as T. Hoey said, just rotate the grate now & again when the burn starts to get under the meat.....

April22BeefPorkRibs002.jpg

^^^^^^
Beef or pork, works fine....I bulked up the unlit coals a bit after those pics

April22BeefPorkRibs010.jpg

April22BeefPorkRibs003.jpg

April22BeefPorkRibs013.jpg

....or, just slap 'em in there & do a fat snake / Minion thing opposite.....

LastSundayApril2012021.jpg

Go with the snake method. I originally used to do the minion method banked on the side and never really had good luck with it. One day tried the snake method, found how easy and consistently it cooked and in no time (because my confidence was boosted) I was doing pork butts in my kettle using the same method

Back