THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokeyBear

is one Smokin' Farker
I've been to VA a few times and never found any good cue. A friend that lives there says there isn't any, and he has been there for a long time.

I recently went to Culpeper, VA, and was with a group of folks from Memphis, and they made a point of going to Shawns:

http://www.shawnsbbq.com/

I thought it was really good, and we went back another night. I had the two meat plate with pulled pork and "moist" brisket (as opposed to the "lean" ). The pork was good, but the brisket was very good. The second trip I just did a one meat plate of moist brisket. It was good, but a bitt fatty, and I didn't get any bark. I still enjoyed.

I also got to sample the ribs and like them.

I worked there for a brief time, and can tell you that Shawn really puts a lot of love into what he does. Thanks for spreading the word.

Back