Rolling Smoke on the Shirley Fab Cinco de Mayo 2019

InThePitBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Bob
Got the pit out and lit about 7am, enjoyed the fire with a cup of coffee while the pit was coming up to temp.

CMdHCESl.jpg

Started out with a couple butts, a prime packer brisket and a couple pounds of bacon for the beans.

D7Nfsu7l.jpg

Brisket hit the stall and got wrapped, beans are made and got a couple turkey's taking on some nice color and smoke. Using oak with a touch of huckleberry today, my favorite woods for turkey.

SOAOnbDl.jpg

Food's ready, come and get it! (Really, we've got plenty for any Brethren that wants to come and eat plus the cooler's full of Corona's on ice)

Oii6zrxl.jpg

Today's meats included brisket, turkey, pulled pork, my homemade Polish Kielbasa and chicken quarters.

kzvLD7ql.jpg

For the sides we had Mac & Cheese, collard greens, pit beans, 3 cheese stuffed jalapeno bacon wrapped poppers and corn on the cob.

456Rdh0l.jpg

Doesn't look like anyone was going hungry! I always enjoy seeing the larger smokers in action!

Looks excellent!! How many were you feeding?

Well I didn't really take a head count, it was a come if/when you can thing and I guess about a dozen trucks / suvs full showed up along with a few Harley's and a golf cart.

The golf cart was a big hit, he had an inverter generator and a margarita machine rigged up and we spent the rest of the night making those disappear.

Great feast Bob!! Everything looks delicious!!
Sound like the perfect way to spend the day too. :grin:

I'm speechless (that doesn't happen often)!

Awesome cook Bob!

Thanks Norm! You guys are welcome anytime, I'd love to get all of us in the Midwest together somewhere or somehow it would be a great way to spend a day or two.

Great feast Bob!! Everything looks delicious!!
Sound like the perfect way to spend the day too. :grin:

Coming from you that's the best compliment a cook can get! Thanks Jeanie, we enjoyed ourselves it was a fun meal with perfect weather and good company.

Mighty fine looking spread. How long did your brisket take?

That was in the smoke for about 2.5 hours, then another 2 hours wrapped from there I vent the foil and they go into the warmer for a few more hours to get the tender juicy finish I'm looking for.

The rest in the warming cabinet is a big part of the results for the kind of brisket I like to serve it's just not the same any other way.

Back