Rib cook - MAK 1Star vs Hunsaker Drum

Very interesting results! It's quite amazing that the MAK Loot 'N Booty scored 5 number 1s (including your score) and a 2. I bet if you ran a test like this 100 times with any combination of rubs and smokers you would only see results like that once or twice.

MAK
Q-Salt 4-2-4-3-4, overall score 17 (I scored it a 4)
Loot 'N Booty 1-1-1-1-2, overall score 6 (I scored it a 1)

Hunsaker
Q-Salt 3-4-2-2-3, overall score 14 (I scored it a 2)
Loot 'N Booty 2-3-3-4-1, overall score 13 (I scored it a 3)

All the ribs look delicious:hungry:

I have a couple racks I need to cook tomorrow for the fam and maybe I’ll try an M1 vs Hunsaker comparison :icon_shy

Great job Kevin on the cook and the head to head, thanks for posting.

That is a really cool comparison! Thank you for doing it, and the detailed results!:clap2:

I would like to see it K, I really like the M1 too.

I have never done ribs on my M1 if you can believe it - the Hunsaker (or PBC at the time) were routine and didn’t feel like trying anything different.

But your experiment looks like a lot of of fun :thumb:

Awesome comparison!!

BTW, if you run into lumberjack OHC and not the MHC give it a whirl on beef.

For some reason I'm not the biggest fan of the MHC even though I've always cooked with maple hickory and cherry with charcoal and stick burners. HOPEFULLY the OHC isn't discontinued because it is getting tough to find.

Awesome comparison!!

BTW, if you run into lumberjack OHC and not the MHC give it a whirl on beef.

For some reason I'm not the biggest fan of the MHC even though I've always cooked with maple hickory and cherry with charcoal and stick burners. HOPEFULLY the OHC isn't discontinued because it is getting tough to find.
Was planning on getting a bag of OHC along with 100% Hickory the next time I need pellets.

Wow, good stuff, useful..!

Great cook using two cookers to do a mano y mano throw down!

Really like both cookers, and all them ribs!

Back