Reverse Seared Prime Rib on the Summit Charcoal Grill (upside down GrillGrates)

That is how I feel about the cast iron grates. I'm surprised I'd never seen them before. I am on a bunch of websites about Kettles and have done some things already.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Yeah, Craycort has been around a while. They make grates for tons of different grills. They gave me these to try on the Summit but I bought 2 sets for 2 different grills before and would have eventually bought for the Summit. Like I said in the video, the key thing is you have to keep them oiled or they will rust. Not a big deal. Just hit it with pam when the seasoning burns off and you are good to go. Also, they are heavy. Other than that, it's all upside.

Sorry I'm just now seeing this. Yeah, Craycort has been around a while. They make grates for tons of different grills. They gave me these to try on the Summit but I bought 2 sets for 2 different grills before and would have eventually bought for the Summit. Like I said in the video, the key thing is you have to keep them oiled or they will rust. Not a big deal. Just hit it with pam when the seasoning burns off and you are good to go. Also, they are heavy. Other than that, it's all upside.

So treat it like a cast iron pan, really...right?

BBM, why are you always starting your fire with something other than the gas assist? It's one of my favorite features of the WSCG, so I am curious as to why you don't use it?

So treat it like a cast iron pan, really...right?

More or less...but you don't even have to treat it that good. I do a seasoning run when I first get them and after that I just hit it with Pam cooking spray when I see spots where the seasoning has burned off (It turns white/grey.) Super easy to do but you HAVE to do it.

BBM, why are you always starting your fire with something other than the gas assist? It's one of my favorite features of the WSCG, so I am curious as to why you don't use it?

This time it was just a chance to put it in the list of bbq toys people might want for Christmas. I use it on all my other grills and love that thing.

You are right though. The starter is one of the best features.

I'll have one of those end pieces please. Looks great!

Thanks Randy. They came out perfect. Like I said, I just wish we would have had the horseradish sauce to go with it.

There is only 3 of us and my son is 9 so we have been eating on this all week. Steak and eggs every morning. Not a bad way to spend the holiday weekend.

Great job as always Justin. Got an 8 pounder in the freezer, we were going to make it Friday, ran out of time. Now I'm going to have to get the grill grates since they're 15% off today. I've had my eye on them, but hesitate since they cost more than I spent on either of my kettles.

You'll love them. I need to reiterate how important it is to oil them the first time you use them. They are non-stick with oil but without it everything sticks like glue.

Back