THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mpriola

All,

So...

Was planning on participating in this weekend's Smokin in the Holler--at the Loretta Lynn Ranch in Hurricane Mills, TN. Registered early April, received confirmation letter.

Now, four days out, I see that the KCBS website has moved the competition date to September, as has the promoter's. Nobody has contacted us about any of this.

Does anyone know anything helpful about this competition? So far, emails and phone calls have gone unreturned.

Thanks,

Marty Priola
Area 51 Barbecue

Is this a first year event? I can't seem to find info on it from previous years on KCBS, and nothing on their website indicates that the date was changed. Actually, it appears to run in logical sequence in-regards to the other competitions that are run by the same person/group.

Did the confirmation email you received state the dates as being this coming weekend?

Yeah--though they sent a letter. It came not from the promoter but from the venue itself.

We never got a packet or anything, though. And the date change on the promoter's website was really recent--so recent that the Google search results still show this weekend's dates in their cached version.

I just googled it and on the Google page it shows the May dates in the little blurb under the link but when clicking the link it shows the September dates...pretty weird of them to push it back 4 monthes and not tell the competitors.

This was sent from the promoter the evening of 5/13 :roll:

Teams due to so many school and college graduations we are going to postpone the contest too Labor Day weekend
It will still be a fri and dat event with Loretta and Friends still playing a concert which you are invited
Let me know if you want me to hold your check,shred or send it back to you
I still have them
The new app is on my site Kcbs has changed their site too
Sorry but with the like of teams this just makes sense
Thanks and see you all soon

Got in touch with the promoter.....

Yup.

Canceled. Too few teams.

Rescheduled for Labor Day.

But we didn't ever get that email.

Thanks for the help, y'all.

Marty

Gowan, did you enter your team. If you had you would have been contacted just as the other teams where. As for Marty he too would have been contacted on the 13th had he entered. I don't have a entry from him although he states he entered. I wasn't home this morning when he inquired about the schedule change but I did contact him right then. As for you Gowan well your just a ......

Not Trying to Start a Flame War

Now, now.

Arlie has been in contact with my teammate and me multiple times today.

We're sorting it all out--and getting to the bottom of things.

We are still confused, but I can't and won't fault Arlie for being non-responsive or unhelpful.

Marty

Did you check your junk email? Sometimes they end up there and like Vince said Arlie is nothing but professional

I was accepted to judge and had to send an email to confirm the date change. Other then the reply to my inquiry, I never received anything else.

Gowan, did you enter your team. If you had you would have been contacted just as the other teams where. As for Marty he too would have been contacted on the 13th had he entered. I don't have a entry from him although he states he entered. I wasn't home this morning when he inquired about the schedule change but I did contact him right then. As for you Gowan well your just a ......

Seems I touched a nerve.

Bless your heart.

Just to close this out....

Apparently, the Loretta Lynn Ranch got our registration, processed it, sent us a receipt--but never told Arlie. In fact, they may have registered us as a vendor but not as a competitor.

In other words: it was a mess.

Thanks to all for your help and comments.

Marty

Back