Reheating pulled pork for party in a few hours

daveca83

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Dave
I am having a party for about 20 in roughly 7 hours or so. I have always done my pulled pork so it’s ready after 1-2 hours rest from the smoker but this time due to a combination of the joint cooking quickly and me having to put it on earlier. It’s ready now.

I don’t own a sous vide, so my plan was to pull it (it’s been resting an hour), seal it in the fridge when cool then reheat on the smoker (it’ll be on doing pork belly burnt ends anyway) covered on a low heat with some apple juice until up to safe temperature.

Will this work and not dry it out? Is there a better way?

Seal it…like with a vacuum sealer or ? If yes, all you really need is some hot water in a vessel you can dunk the bags into for a bit. Heated lots of bbq in a pot of not quite boiling water on the stove with great results.

If it's already pulled and cooled ( or not), i would put it in zip lock bags, 1 or 2 pound bags with any juice left over and apple juice and warm it in a hot or boiling pot of water.
If it's whole, i would keep it warm in an oven until serving time and pull it then.

That’s what I’d usually do. There’s so much other stuff happening in the kitchen though I’m not going to get near the hobs so heating in hot water isn’t an option. I think I’m going to have to be a bit creative with keeping the meat moist. I’ve pulled into bigger pieces before reheating which will help a bit.

Thanks for the tips!

Back