Recap - 2018 Veterans Appreciation BBQ

For those thinking about starting something in your area, myself, Shagdog, and Chicagokp started something up in Milwaukee/Chicago area and once you know who to talk to, it’s not too hard to get something rolling. Don’t be intimidated by it. It is totally worth all the work so see the vets happy!

Phil, thanks for letting us crash at your place! We had a blast!

I second this. I'd love to see this happening nationwide! And if you live in the midwest or are willing to drive to Milwaukee and would like to get involved, contact me, oifmarine, or chicagoKP. Our next big event is June 8th, where we'll be cooking for over 1000 vets. We still need more cooker and volunteers.

Phil, thanks for everything. It was a great event, and it was the best run so far. I am truly humbled to be able to be a part of it. And thanks for the hospitality.

Finally had some time to sit and look through the pix with proper attention. This is just extrememlely cool on so many levels! I hope to participate in one of these one day. Y'all are some cool farkers - very nicely done, guys.

I second this. I'd love to see this happening nationwide! And if you live in the midwest or are willing to drive to Milwaukee and would like to get involved, contact me, oifmarine, or chicagoKP. Our next big event is June 8th, where we'll be cooking for over 1000 vets. We still need more cooker and volunteers.

Phil, thanks for everything. It was a great event, and it was the best run so far. I am truly humbled to be able to be a part of it. And thanks for the hospitality.

Absolutely! So happy to be a part of it. And thanks for letting us crash at your house for a second year! :thumb:

well i really have no words to describe the event.... aside from the birth of Tyler it is prolly the highlight of my life..... i can not begin to tell you what i witnessed.... it was amazing.... Phil and Eric have their act totally together.... how they pull this off amazes me .. the planning... logistics.... and on and on.... the volunteers are just remarkable and there compassion.. love.... and fellowship blow my mind... I'm telling you there are some amazing cooks involved... just people as we say in Alabama... shucking the corn,,, meaning getting with it.... Not to mention Diane and her camera.... she is spectacular.....God i am blessed to have found this site who would ever thought this Alabama boy would be on long Island New York amoungst so many heros...... i will have a thread coming on the event too..... i want to say this..... Phil has the most amazing wife... Daughter and son you will ever meet..... everyone one of them are easy on the eyes too.... you did good Phil.... you have one heck of a family.... and i'm talking about all the amazing folks on this site too...... thank you lord for letting me experience the freedoms i have..... and thank every veteran on this site too..... without ya'll we would not be here....... God Bless America!!!!!! all of you make me want to be a better man!!!!!!!

Back