Razz Yard Pimps

Get’n Smokey

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
A A Ron
Raspberry Chipotle Dark Meat TD Entry

Chicken quarters/drums put into a brine for 24hrs

Brine: 3/4 cup Montreal 3/4 cup diamond salt 2 Bay leafs to 1gal water. Cover chicken with brine add ice.

Next day washed off chicken, pat dry and placed in refrigerator for 24hrs

Seasoned with PYPR and placed in smoker, running 275 using cowboy and cherry chunks. Smoked to 165

Glazed with Raspberry Chipotle and smoked to 175, pulled and let rest for a few mins.

Homemade coleslaw with chow chow devel eggs

Here is the kicker…. Kids were playing B ball in the driveway and asked me to come over there. A tiny squirrel was over by the goal and clearly missing his mom so we placed him at the base of the trees thinking his mom would get him. Bout an hour later my neighbors cat had it in his mouth in my driveway….. Been touch and go a few days but we got her bounced back and she eating. Touch of flee meds helped her out a bunch too the first day.

We are now foster squirrel parents!

With all the action I didn’t take a final platter picture.

Enjoyed doing the TD anyway

:bounce:

Last edited:
Can’t go wrong with blues hog… everything they have is top notch. I like to surprise guest sometimes with the razz sauce. It’s sweet w/heat and very very good! It’s hard to find around my parts!

Shredded cabbage, Dalmatian rub (salt pepper touch of sugar) vinager, lemon juice and dukes mayo. We like it kinda wet but you can add ingredients to your taste.

Back