Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Que For The Troops May 21-22, 2011, Levittown, PA

With this event being just around the corner and having just reread the Brethren rule book I have a few questions.

• Under beef - what exactly are long bone short ribs? Beef Plate ribs (IMPA#123)? Back ribs (IMPA#124)? or chuck ribs (IMPA#130)?
  • Small correction on brisket - the deckle and the point are not the same thing
  • Since beef ribs are a legal turn in, does this mean that beef ribs are not a legal entry for anything butt?
  • Are the turn in containers the "standard" 9x9?
  • Is this going to be a "no garnish", green garnish", "edible garnish" or "any garnish" event?
  • Will the standard turn in container and garnish rules apply to anything butt and dessert?
  • Is the anything butt & dessert open cooking method (any source) or only the rule listed sources?
  • What are the turn in times for anything butt & dessert on Saturday?
  • Who's the Brethren rep for this event?

OK here are your answers:
The Beef Plate ribs are the long bone ribs- you do not need to turn in bones they will not fit in the 9X9 boxes - they are not legal for the anything butt
The standard 9 X9 containers will be used
This is a green garnish contest
It is open containers and garnish for the anything butt and dessert (have fun with it)
Turn in times for Saturday are 6 for anything butt and 6:30 for dessert
The 11 minute window applies to all categories both Saturday and Sunday 5:50 - 6:01, 6:20-6:31 Sat and 11:50 - 12:01 Chicken, 12:20- 12:31 Ribs, 12:50 - 1:01 Pork, 1:20 - 1:31 Beef

Jerry and I are the reps for the contest-
There will be 6 judges per table so 7 samples are required
Meat inspection begins at 9 AM on Sat.
Cooks meeting is 1:00 PM Sat.
Tom plans on calling all cooks beginning Sunday.

Hope this answers everyones questions. Be sure to read the rules which are posted on the Que for the Troops website.

See you all next week.
Linda

Mike it sounds likt it would be fun. PM me a # to call you. I am leaving for San Francisco Fri night and coming back Tues. night and then going to my nephews wedding the next Fri night in N. Jersey. I would be coming home Sat AM of the contest. I can call you after I get back from SF

Linda
Do you need more judges?
let me know please...thanks
nancee

Who's in? Que for the Troops

BBQ Brethren will be there:bow: .. Doing a 2-fers weekends.

Driving down Thursday night, and cooking Delaware - Fri-Sat with Matt from Whiskey Bent BBQ and then driving up 95 to Levittown PA to do Que for the troops Sat-Sun.. :crazy:
The sanctioning body is competing in it's own event?

*off to the box I go........*

Wish I could make this (as a spectator, not a comp cook just yet) but I'm throwing a massive BBQ/Beer Bash in my own backyard same day. Good luck to all, be there in spirit.

Gonna be a great event. Who is black caddy bbq from LI? I never heard of them out there before. Maybe a new team..nice to see them come out.

Back