THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
Was too hot to run the offset - so decided I would set my Royale Fab direct heat cooker up like a vertical smoker - first time trying the defector plates (foiled them for ease of clean up)

Also ran a snake in my fire basket with cherry splits cut down and lump - was a very easy cook - got 5 plus hours of burn time out of the snake - which was about the time I wrapped in foil and put back on the smoker - when it hit 205, I removed from smoker, removed from foil and then wrapped in butcher paper and let it sit on my counter until internal temp was 150 or so - I then put into my turkey roster at 145 to hold for 16 hours

I was so busy getting everything together last night for supper that I forgot to take any after photos - but did get one of the extras I vacuum sealed - for the cook I simply used a little pickle juice for a binder, some 16 mesh pepper and Cavenders Greek Seasoning - it was very good

Smoker all cleaned up and ready to cook another meal

Back