THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ted
I ordered a Yoder Probe Port for my Johnston Reversible Smoker - said it is good for up to 3/8 steel thickness.

Question I have is what end of the smoker should I install the port on - the smoker is a reverse flow with a pipe from the fire box to the far end of the smoker.

https://johnsonsmokers.com/ultimate-compact-patio

Should i put the port on end when smoke comes out of the pipe or on the opposite end where the smoke stacks are at/by the fire box

Thank you

I had a Johnson Smokers "Ultimate Chargrill Trailer" and I just ran the probe cable under the cook chamber door...never had any issues and it worked just fine.

If you're deadset on putting the probeport in I would do it on the side opposite the firebox. This way you can put a small table or something next to the cooker and you can place your thermometer base there.

Back