Pressure Smoker ?

No, but I'm interested to see if it works. Didn't know they had them.

Buy it and tell us! Please?!? :-D

No, but I'm interested to see if it works. Didn't know they had them.

Buy it and tell us! Please?!? :-D
:biggrin1: I was just brainstorming and wondered if there was such a thing, did a google search and someone already invented it. I won't be buying one but thought it was an interesting idea though.:idea:

Looks like a fun thing to try a few times. Seems like the 'hydration' feature would be counter to good bark production.

Didn't know other companies made pressure smokers, the only one I've ever seen was from Smokaroma. Built by Broaster, the company that makes the pressure fryers for chicken.

I have heard that they give the bbq an electric smoker taste. Makes sense, you’re only going to be able to get smoldering wood chips in there.

I live about 30 miles from where they are built. Several friends bought them when they came out. I had brisket cooked on them a couple of times, I was not impressed with the taste. All the guys that bought them have now sold them.

Last edited:
I would expect the results to be very similar to the Orion cooker. Most meat comes out tasting ok, but it ain't smoked and the texture of the meat is also off. At least you still get to play with fire on the Orion, even if it isn't directly cooking the meat.

Back