THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRx

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Richard
Been a while since I posted as I couldn't remember my password and have just been watching y'alls threads. I cooked some ribs yesterday that seemed post worthy... or at least they were delicious :-D

Smoked at 185 degrees with Terry Blacks Pork Rub for 3 hours

Wrapped with a mix of apple cider vinegar, bbq sauce, a bit of soy sauce, and crushed red pepper flakes from my garden, then let them go 2 hours wrapped at 225 degrees

Unwrapped, covered in sauce as we like them wet and let them go another hour.

IMG-1337.jpg

IMG-1342.jpg

IMG-1343.jpg

IMG-1344.jpg

IMG-1346.jpg

IMG-1347.jpg

IMG-1348.jpg

IMG-1353.jpg

IMG-1356.jpg

Fire burns too clean at higher temps - the lower the temp, the more smoke you can get.

I gotta call you on that one.
You don't want to see smoldering white smoke from low burning wood.
The cleaner the burn, the more the light blue smoke is prevalent.
And, smoke is present in ALL burns. Sometimes you just can't see it...
which is good!

Last edited:
I gotta call you on that one.
You don't want to see smoldering white smoke from low burning wood.
The cleaner the burn, the more the light blue smoke is prevalent.
And, smoke is present in ALL burns. Sometimes you just can't see it...
which is good!

I'd invite you over and discuss it over some bbq done both ways; but you're so far away it'd probably be cheaper to take the gas money and get a pellet grill and test the theory yourself.
#1 complaint from anyone whose pellet grill isn't their first ever grill - not enough smoke. #1 fix - ultra low temp smoking so the fire is not so clean.
The manufacturers are even modding the firmware, or upgrading their hardware to feature these "extreme smoke" settings.
Look around at any pellet grill discussions - you'll find exactly what I am saying.

Back