Pork prices dropping?

The Lancaster location is about 45 minutes away, very doable. And, $.99 per pound is way cheaper than Sams and wally world so it would be worth the drive. Thanks!
Are these near you? .99 per pound

• 1. Lancaster

(717) 358-9400
    2000 Crossings Blvd
    LANCASTER, PA 17601
  • 2. Downingtown

610-518-7800
    1056 East Lancaster Avenue
    Downingtown, PA 19335
  • 3. Malvern

484-913-9600
    50 Foundry Way
    Malvern, PA 1935

You guys are in Heaven. Meat prices are insane in Downside Up Land. You guys can by baby backs or bellies Boston butts for a fraction of the price we pay here.

If I want Baby Backs from Costco for the whole family at approx $18.00 a kilo, it would run me up to a few hundred bucks to feed everyone. And Costco is CHEAP. If I go to a local butcher... well I don;t go to the local butcher at all.

Sadly that's why you won't be seeing me doing ribs any time soon as it's a major financial consideration.

Send some of your farmed pork over here please and shake up this market.

The Lancaster location is about 45 minutes away, very doable. And, $.99 per pound is way cheaper than Sams and wally world so it would be worth the drive. Thanks!

Ribs are priced high, but the Pork Butts are at .99 a pound, fill the freezer.

I googled before I posted and showed that it was a little over a half hour away for you. They have their own chicken and pig farms in New York State.

A word of advice, plan to take your time in the store as they carry a lot of unique items not found in other stores. They are based in the Rochester/Syracuse New York area which is a major test market area.

Some of their packaged meats are expensive because they have a large organic food section and they are side by side. They also have a large bakery section, cheese section, and international foods section as well as an in store cafe.

I'm sure there is a Costco, BJ's, Sam's, or other stores nearby to round out your trip, maybe even plan lunch or dinner at the Shady Oaks Smorgasbord. (16 minutes away)

So the tariff's took effect in April of 2018, why did they raise up to near $70 in November then. Shouldn't they have just stayed low through that time?

Trying to follow your logic here too.

Do you farm and or raise hogs?

Giant by me had pork butts for .99 per lb. I got four of them. I would have bought more but the freezer is already full. Haha

Back