THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HogGrog

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Greg
Plenty of pork was smoked this past weekend - - spares, baby backs, and pork belly burnt ends!

All of it was smoked on the Assassin 48 with B&B briqs and pecan and cherry wood chunks at about 250*. The baby backs were purchased and cooked for a friend who said they were perfect! Love to hear that because cooking for others always adds just a little more pressure to meet my expectations.

Ribs were seasoned with Killer Hogs Hot and a top coat of Naturiffic Q-Salt and when the color was right I wrapped the ribs in butcher paper with a touch of apple cider vinegar and honey with a splash of a very thin vinegar based bbq sauce.

Unwrapped the ribs for the last 20 minutes to set the glaze. The smoke ring and flavor was deep and very similar to what I produce on the offset, I attribute this to the strong air flow and draw through the center stack of the Assassin.

The pork belly burnt ends were very good but next time I may skip the ride in a covered pan. I liked them more before the braise in the pan, it was more savory and had a nice crispy texture.

Served with fresh green beans and a pot of rice, thanks!

Attachments

You definitely nailed the pork weekend. Everything looks great. I would really like to try the pork burnt ends but, it might only be me that likes them. If I could find a smaller beely portion I would be all in

Nice looking pork overload! I agree with you on the pork belly burnt ends, I did my first ever last year and I thought they were much better when I tried a couple before the wrap. You hit a "4-bagger" with those cooks!

Back